Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Hello New Day

Well, I finally did it. I created a new weblog. I've been meaning to do this for a while but you know now it goes, sometimes you just never get around to these things.

I have had a blog before---www.measure7.blogspot.com. I started that a while back. Just had too lofty an ideal for that one, I think. I wanted it to be all introspective and inspired. Nice ideals, but what happened is that I never thought of things that met that criteria (in my mind), so I never posted. Then when I went back on that goal and posted anyway, common stuff, and it didn't seem to fit. So I would only update with a pathetic 'guilt' posting about once every three or so months.

So I decided that I would start a new weblog that would be more 'warts and all'. And this is what I came up with: CyberJazzDaddy--the chronicles of my every day digital life. The name is my yahoo account name. Thought of spur of the moment---one of those screen names composed at the "account name" field when signing up for something and you haven't given it much thought before hand. I like it though. It seems to capture the inner digital me. A little dated (cyber--I hail from the birth years of the internet when the word cyber was hip), "jazz"--a little spunky and improvised, and of course "daddy" because I am one (four times over)! The whole digital lifestyle thing is that I love my home away from home inside my computer. But sadly, it's a world that I can't really share with anyone I hang around with---at least not completely.

I mean, I can share email with the people who know the people who've written, I share photos online with my family, I share digital videos I've done with people who will watch. But a lot of the stuff I find online aren't interesting to my analog brethren. And ironically enough, the biggest thing that no one I know seems to have any passion for is the blogosphere. Reactions range from disinterest, to confusion (why would anyone do that), to derision (I don't want my whole life out there for the whole world to see). But not interest of fascination.

I am a bit addicted I must say. I love reading them. I must admit, though, that I am a bit of a lurker--not posting comments or interacting with most of the ones I read. But this is somthing I am working on changing. I am selective of the ones I choose to read daily, but with the number out there one has to be, doesn't one. I read the ones that post frequently, or who write really well, or preferably a combination of both. That was another problem I had with my previous weblog, I couldn't even live up to my own expectations as a reader.

So now I'm back with a new weblog dedicated the parts of my life no one else is really interested in! Raise a glass. Here's to second tries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home