Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy VD

So today is the day of love and merriment . . . for some.

The red head boy is having his first Valentines Day of twitterpation. There is a young lady he is fond of and he went out and bought her a special something with his own money. He went to Halmark and picked out a love hippo (she collects hippos--and the love hippo is all plush and soft and read and white with hearts and stuff).

But he also experienced the need to budget. After getting the hippo he had nothing left for candy or flowers. His frustration was compounded when Dad didn't have money to buy stuff for his girl either--so no amount of begging could help.

The daughter is experiencing her first Valentines day of heart-ache. Her break up was months ago but the wound still lingers and flares occasionally---like on a day that focuses all of it's efforts on romance.

So she is making this a black Valentines with some of her love lorn friends. She wrote a poem for her creative writing class, "Let me Burn you a Valentine" in preparation. Then today she dressed all in black, with her knee high, platform mega buckle boots (that her Grandma got her for Christmas!), black make-up and fingernails and Dad's black leather biker jacket. (If I were a teen age boy, I'd be in love.)

She also had her Winnie the Pooh backpack. She's so awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

I am sure the girl thought the hippo was plenty for V-day.

As a perpetually single gal, I totally sympathize with Kitten. I am mostly in black (pants and jacket)

I still remember one awesome valentines day tho'. When you and your wife gave me a panda bear with ballons. I still have him, and he sits on one of my bookcases.
Thanks for that special memory.
God bless

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . happy day of love (one day late :) much love to you and kim and the rest of your fabulous brood :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Indeed she is. :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home