Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Year Day!

Ok, so this is something else I made up, but it’s kind of fun. I’ve never been very good with math or numbers, but in recent years I’ve begun to be fascinated with little numeric anomalies that seem interesting to me.

For instance, I noted the cross-over year with my wife. A couple of years ago now was the year that the percentage of my life that I had not known my wife started to become less than the percentage that I had known her. We met when we were both 17, so now that I’ve know her for more than 17 years, the time we were living separates lives becomes a smaller and smaller portion of our existence until it begins to seem to be just a minor preparation for the part of our lives we've lived together. Seemed kind of notable to me.

And I at one point celebrated my daughters birthday by giving her a “Binary Birthday” T-shirt (and a domain name that we have since abandoned----kittenmit.net. It was a little early for her to be interested in that sort of thing to the point it would justify the expense). I called it her Binary Birthday because she was turning 11 on October 10, 2001. So, if you wrote it out in numeric date format it would be 11 on 10-10-01. Strung all together it looked like binary code: 11101001.

So then, Year Day. It’s another thing that I made up. It occurred to me at some point that there are 12 days that only occur only once every century. Those are the days where the number for the the day, month and year are all the same. And this year’s Year Day comes in May--- 05-05-05. And that’s today! Next year’s will come in June and last year’s was in April. Get it?

Then after 2012 it’s all over for another century.

So, the question is, how are you going to celebrate your Year Day? ^ __ ^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh! I never knew that! Thanks for that bit of trivia.

Well, I guess on this 'year day' -- 05-05-05 -- I started a business. Or, I guess the better way to put it is, I registered my second business (Believe Street) with NJ State so that I can have a resale certificate and start designing and creating (and selling, one hopes) inspirational cards, journals, jewelry, and the like. The blog's been up for a while, and I've had the business idea for months, but I finally decided to take the plunge. It will be a nice balance to my other business (as a coach to people who are self-employed) ... and, the real reason I did it now ... it will get me in to the National Stationery Show in about 10 days to browse around, meet other people in the trade, and soak up a lot of info.

I hope having 05-05-05 as the official start date for Believe Street (www.believestreet.com) will make it lucky ... and thanks for asking.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Kitten said...

I noticed you used my ^_^ happy face at the end of your entry. That makes me feel special! Thanks, daddy!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home