Thursday, April 21, 2005

Illustration Friday---ReInvent


for IllustrationFriday.com
Originally uploaded by CyberJazzDaddy.

I've been a fan of Illustration Friday ever since I discovered it a few weeks ago. It's amazing the diversity that can come out of one little topic word. The link bar to all the artists is the best picture book I've ever seen.

Now I'm being bold. I've decided to take a leap myself and do something I have done for probably 20 years---draw for fun. It's rough at the moment, but I did feel a little of the joy of getting lost in the creation of something on paper that I haven't felt in a while. You'll have to forgive me, I didn't want to let the mood pass so I grabbed the nearest thing I could find to begin drawing, which in this case was a piece of notebook paper. I know it's not Rembrant. Heck, it's not even Schultz. But it's a start.

In this case the theme is ReInvent. And I'm ReInventing----Me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Good for you! Keep doodling. I'll take a look at your daughter's blog. Here's my daughter's blog:

http://www.cmarie88.blogspot.com

My dad has a blog too:

http://www.granadd.blogspot.com

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Good job. I appreciate a good sketchbook entry.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO Will! So glad to see you jump in to Illustration Friday so soon after your comment on my blog about how cool you thought it was. Way to go.

... I especially like the two 'triangle' eyes that look a little like candy corn :-)

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for taking the leap!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home