Friday, February 24, 2006

Checking In

Is it just me, or does it feel like today might just be the first really real day of Spring. Not just an oddly warm winter day, but it’s got the tingly feeling of better things to it.

The sky seems blue with such purpose. Not the winter blue sky cheat that becons through the window and then slaps you in the face with an icy blast the moment you step out the door. This is a sincere blue sky that apologizes for the other sky’s behavior by putting warmish arms around you and saying, “There, now doesn’t that feel better than what you’ve been suffering through”. And you don’t even try to resist closing your eyes and thinking, “Yes, oh, yes. So much better. I accept your apology.” And then it becomes time to prepare for the rocky bliss of that co-dependence that is the weather through the next 8 months of the year.

I appreciate winter so much more once it’s over. Although I’m not complaining about this one. Best on record, not to put too fine a point on it. Most bearable. Had a week or so of bitter cold, but I’ll concede that for all the warm temps we’ve been gifted with. But it feels like it’s going to actually get on with it today. It's got that drive with the windows down, music radiating from your iPod, always landing on a good song feeling.

And the schedule that goes with it, this time of the year.

So, I guess it’s my turn to pen the "apology for lack of posting and commenting" post. It seems to be quite the rage at the moment among the blogs I read. And the podcasts. And the video blogs. And webcomic. Seems that anytime people create content for the internet as a hobbie, they have times where the pull of life works against the desire and feeling of obligation to be regular with their offerings. I guess I’m in another one of those places.

But it’s not that I haven’t been thinking about it. Every time I do something remotely interesting I start to compose in my head how I might write about that moment. And I’ve got a couple of stories whose salience is growning a little musty, but they’re still good stories I think. So I’ll try to get them down.

If you’ve been in a similar place, please know that I understand and I’m here waiting for you when you get back. And I also apologize for not posting more regularly. It was brought to my attention that I’ve been negleciting my photos, too. The 5 on the 5th that I was trying to keep up with in 2005 has become me trying to post at least 6 pictures a month in 2006. Never was good with deadlines, but I do have 6 up for Feb----which include Kitten's haircut pictures.

Check them out over at my Flickr account (www.flickr.com/photos/cyberjazzdaddy).

(Good Night! I just took a look at my Flickr page and the picture of my youngest on his potty chair in the living room has had almost 100 views since the 14th! What is up with that?----Mom, is that you? ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Love Kitten's haircut! You know I completely understand the 'real world' interruptions...especially lately. This is a fabulous ode to Spring, my friend. I always enjoy your writing.

9:23 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

Sigh. No where near spring here! Today is rainy, windy, gloomy and cold! And it's going to be that way all week!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

i love your writing: "tingly feeling of better things" ... it's just perfectly poetic prose. :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home