Monday, August 07, 2006

New Release Tues: Lillix

New Release Tues: Lillix

This is a band that I would have passed up for being too pretty if they hadn't been on the new "Freaky Friday" DVD doing a cover of "What I like about you", that old Romantics. When I say they were too pretty, I mean I hate it when the industry passes off a face and tries to convince me that there is really musicianship there. I've seen too many empty shells come and go. And these gals made me think of what a band of Bratz dolls might look like.

But they seem like the real deal. They all play their own instruments, even the lead singer. It's probably because they're Canadian. They wouldn't have made it this far going south of the boarder if they didn't have the goods.

And I just don't get tired of thier first CD---and tomorrow, they should bring on the sophmore.

Check out more tunes on their mypsace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home