Sunday, November 09, 2008

I fought the yard and the . . .yard won

Each year my yard rises up to remind me that I have a 40 hr a week desk job. This was the weekend today. The leaves fall gently for several weeks in warning, and then in one swoop, suddenly we're buried. I had help in the form of two coerced boys, but it still kicked by backside.

By brain says, oh yeah, that's easy. . .All you have to do is this. And my body says--how many times? Is it over yet? Oh, how I'm going to make you pay.

And today we hung lights for a show the players are doing this next weekend. One of those murder-mystery things. Body, I'm not through with you yet.

In the meantime, I'm here trying to download music with my Pepsi points. You may remember that I was big into that when it was going on the iTunes side. This year, it was Amazonmp3.com's turn. Only it started in Feb and has gone through Nov. I worked out a deal with my recycling guy at work again, and he saved me caps. Other people have helped along the way too. I haven't hit the ceiling of 3000 caps per account, but I think I got close. It's 5 caps per song, so the return isn't quite as great. Still, it gives a guy a quasi-hobby.

Got some indi chick rocker Eowyn music tonight. She's calling it quits, unfortunately, so this is her last. I wish her well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home