Monday, November 03, 2008

Houses near the reactor are sooo cheap!




This is the new game, put on a tail and walk around looking like an illustration from the Dr. Suess book "If I Ran the Zoo". That thing he's wearing is a stuffed animal snake that we got at the zoo---but he thinks it serves much better as a dinosaur tail when you stuff the head into the waist band of his pants.

Speaking of pants, I bought my oldest boy a pair of men's pants for the first time tonight. Previous to this we'd been buying him boy sizes which aren't actually in inches like the adults sizing. So before I left for work this morning, I got out a measuring tape from the sewing stuff and took a measurement of his waist and inseam. Turns out we have the same inseam, 30 inches. But his waist---also 30 inches. I wasn't sure I was measuring correctly at first. That couldn't be right, could it? My 13 year old with a 30 inch waist?

The reason that it was so baffling was that I didn't have a 30 inch waist until I completed grad school---in my late 20s.

When I graduate with my bachelors I went to get a suit to do job interviews, and at the store they had to send me to the boys section to find something small enough to fit me. Here I was, college graduate with a wife and child, and I was in the dressing room next to young men who were looking forward to kissing a girl someday.

I told Robo this on the ride to school, and all he could do was keep saying, "Dang".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home