Tuesday, November 04, 2008

We Did It!


We Did It!
Originally uploaded by CyberJazzDaddy.

We voted! We went in there and changed the world. All THREE of us. Yes, my little girl is now a world changer. She has entered into active civic life. Turned 18 in October and Voted in her first election not even a month later. How cool is that!

I was telling a friend at work that for me, this is as exciting as when she took her first steps or her first day at school. And definitely more exciting than when she got her driver's license (no concern over personal safety or property damage with this one). I couldn't believe it--we actually had to stand in line on this one. We've never had a line before. But it was totally worth it, of course. It'll be very exciting to see what the turn out percentage is. I love it when the world get's engaged.

Afterwords we went to the local coffee shop (not Starbucks) and had a celebratory latte.

The Lemur has a mock election in 4th grade today. He was so proud to tout the fact that apparently in the past, as the 4th grade goes, so goes the election. They've never been wrong. And where is CNN to cover that.

However, he did come to me a bit wide eyed with the latest political scandal in this current presidential race:

"Dad---is it true that Obama has a SEXUAL marriage."

My wife and I just looked at each other. When trying to get out the door to school, there is no way to answer that question briefly. Looks like the Lemur and I are going to have a talk. More specifically---looks like we're going to have THE talk.

This election cycle is bring up all kinds of interesting conversations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home