Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Reading Family

Every night that I can, right before bed, I try to read aloud to all my kids (there are four of them) from a book that everyone can enjoy. We've just finished a two month marathon of Judy Blume's Fudge books. Those were a big hit.

Right now we are reading "The Tale of Despreaux" , a book that they didn't know at first and so were reluctant about, and for which they certainly showed no excitement. But now that we've gotten into it a bit, it's a totally different situation. After I've finished reading for the evening, there is quite the display of whining and begging and pleading for me to keep on reading.

But they also like reading on their own, so I've posted pictures below of them with the books that they are currently reading. I've called them by their nicknames. Their ages are Kittenmitt 14, Robo 9, Leemur 6, and my youngest is not pictured (because he wouldn't sit still long enough with a book to let me get a photo)---he's two (almost three--on Jan 28th).


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i adore the picture of your children (they're gorgeous!) and i love their nicknames!!! :-)

-kat

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is weird! My son who I have nicknamed (buddy) is going to be three on Jan. 27th. How about that one for ya!

Your kids are beautiful!

Karoni
Karoni

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home