Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Iron Fist

This morning my wife came to me and said,

“Hon, today is the first day of Easter break and the Peterson boys [my son’s good friends he doesn’t get to see too often] are wanting him to spend the night. What do you think? He’s grounded remember.”

It was true. His mother had grounded him for a week, and then he got into trouble again so I had to add a week. But I gave it some thought and said,

“Well, he’s been really good during his ground, I think we can let him off a couple days early.”

To which my wife responded,

“Ok, but I want you to talk to him. He doesn’t remember why he was grounded and he needs to learn or what’s the point.”

“He doesn’t remember?”

“No.”

Sigh.

“Ok, you’re right. I’ll talk to him. He’s got to remember or he won’t learn.”

I put on my stern father face preparing to make my point and stress the importance of improving behavior when I stopped and turned back to my wife, whispering,

“What was he grounded for again?”

Oy. I’ve got to start writing these things down.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny. I'll have to take this blog post and remember it for when my son gets older.

Don't all parents give in early to punishments. I remember many times when my parents gave in when I was grounded.

I've even caught myself giving into a three year olds pouty little lip. How can you resist?

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home