Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wow. That's all I can think to say



Well, it's not every day that you get an email like this:

Congratulations [Will] You have just won an iPod mini from the Pepsi iTunes iPod Mini Sweepstakes! You can expect to receive your prize in the next 6-8 weeks. We are sending it to the address you've provided in your iTunes account. Thank you for participating in the sweepstakes!


The Pepsi-Cola Company

After letting out a little unconscious yelp that attracted the attention of everyone around me, I explained to them that I had been doing the iTunes promotion with the free songs on the Pepsi bottle caps. And that each entry put me in a sweepstakes for the possibility of winning a free iPod Mini. Now I never really pay much attention to contests and drawings and things so I didn't put much serious hope in it. I'd joke around about it but didn't really feel like much would come of it.

Needless to say,I'm a bit thrilled. My kids thought it was majorly cool. Nothing their friends would be much impressed with because they all own full iPods, but our little humble house is excited.

Now, we just have to wait for the processing. Six to Eight weeks. Oy. But I can do it.

Honest.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! It's awesome to win things unexpectantly.

I better start drinking those Pepsi's.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Thanks guys! Of course, you know I'll update when it actually arrives.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's really cool. I entered, too, by virture of having a winning cap. But, like you, I figured nothing would ever come of it.

I guess people really do win. Even people I "know."

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! An iPod Mini, how cool! Congrats!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did your iPod Mini ever arrive? I don't want to get my hopes of winning one all up only to find out you got nothing more than the e-mail.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Will said...

It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not getting to antsy at this point. It stated that it may take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive, so I'm giving them that. For that timetable I'm trying (not entirely successfully, believe me) to not think about it until the end of April. Then I'll be anxious to check the mail each day---but I won't entirely give up hope unless it's end of May with still no sign. But I'm trying not to think of that either.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home