Monday, March 14, 2005

iMixin' it

I've been wanting to do this for a while (like every since the AFI top 100 Best Songs special aired last year), and now I've finally got it done. I discribe it this way:

"The American Film Institute’s (http://www.afi.com/) came out with a list of the 100 Best Film Songs of the last century. But on their website they also published a larger list of all the songs considered as finalists for this resulting list----and there were some pretty cool tunes on that list that never got the attention some may feel they deserve.

Well here is a list that seeks to set that right. I’ve included some of the “also rans” below which the Hollywood Dream Machine has seared into our collective 20th century consciousness. If you can’t hum along with any of these tunes below, you should seriously consider downloading them to fill the gap in your cultural literacy.

This list contains the versions available on iTMS closest to the original, and some that I just thought were cool. In some cases I went for the better recording value or some that just amused me."

That description was a little long so I had to chop it a bit, but that's what I wanted to say.

Check it out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home