Friday, May 06, 2005

4 of 5 on the 5th


Here is a picture of the shelf at the foot of my duaghter's bed. An acumulation of various items from growing up.

I taught her to play chess when she was in Kindergarten and so got her that glass chess set one Christmas. There was one knight that just kept getting broken so she finally replaced it with the plastic figure of Aragorn that you see.

The pig trophey in the back is kind of interesting. It's third place from a pig calling contest. I don't think that when she won the trophy she had even ever been to a proper pig farm. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing when she got involved. They asked for volunteers from the audience to compete along side of the regular contestants at a local festival in our town.

I pulled into town from work that day and was driving down one of the main streets by our City Park, just in time to look over and see my little girl coming down off a flat bed truck trailer that they were using as a stage---with a trophey in her hand! It was one of the strangest, funny cute moments of my life with my daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home