Thursday, August 18, 2005

Technical difficulties

Well, I am being beleaguered by comment spam. I believe the are finding my new posts because they've hooked up a bot to my rss feed. This is my hope. So I'm going to try to close that and see if they go away. I hope this doesn't mess anyone up. I don't know if anyone is using my rss feed anyway.

If you are, please email me (cyberjazzdaddy [at] mac.com) and I'll try to get a feedburner feed or something that you can use that I won't post on the blog (to keep it a secret from the bad guys hopefully), but you can put into your aggregator. I want to try this before I go to the length of turning off anonymous comments.

So annoying. Bad spammers. Bad!

I guess that since the gov got rid of the telemarketers with the don't call list, now we have spam. The cosmos seems to abhor a vacuum too. We have to have something to hate.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother is really funny.

5:53 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

I have less than no idea what you are talking about!!! I knew that my knowledge about computers was limited, but not that limited!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Joe S. said...

My favorite bot line is "warning! warning!"

Alright that IS a bad "lost in space " reference...but hey it's something!

Peace bro!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this...so I'll know how to deal with it if it (shudder) ever happens to me.

8:48 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

btw, the cell phones numbers become available to the telemarketers in the next month or so. You have to sign up to block them too!!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home