Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sitting in the dark

Written Friday, Sept. 16 at about 10:15 p.m.:

"Right now I'm sitting here in the dark while a storm is absolutely raging outside. My mom is listening to the police scanner at her house. I called her on our cell phone and she said that there are several tree limbs down very near here. That's why there's no power.

When the power went out I put my boys to bed and they fell sound asleep. The streets are full of water curb to curb and it's still coming down. My wife is out to a movie with a friend, so she's probably just peechy.

So, what the heck do you do in the dark when you're wifes away? The only thing there is left to do---blog on you're blackberry, of course.

My daughter was with a friend at a neighboring town's homecoming football game. I called them on her friend's cell and they had made it back to the house ok. So I went down to Robo's room and grabbed his boombox (the only one which will run on batteries in our house) and brought it up to the livingroom. The local classic rock radio station is keeping me up to date on the situation while at the same time taking me back through the 60s, 70s, 80s and today.

Such a grand adventure. And oddly, a pretty major chill out at the same time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home