Friday, November 17, 2006

Furry Boots

Well, it's that time of year again. The air is getting a bit chill and so. . .

I've never been a conventional man when it comes to what turns my head on a woman. Forget lacey, or frilly, or high heels or any of thes standard trappings.

Like shoes, for instance---the typical runway fare does nothing for me. In spring, summer, fall, the sexiest thing a woman can wear on her feet is a pair of black Converse hightops. And in the colder time of year, it's all about the furry boots.

I love that sort of Nordic warrior princess appearance it inspires. When I was in Australia in 1986 there was this young blond I fell for on a 2 week band trip, and when she asked me what it was about her that first caught my eye, I had to tell her truthfully----it was the Ugg boots. She was not impressed that this is what impressed me. It's always been my trouble, the things I find attractive and interesting in people I should never tell them, because it's always the thing society has told them are totally undesireable attributes. So I keep those things to myself.

But I do love the boots. My wife brought out hers this week. Gotta love it. Not real Ugg boots---knock offs. We can't afford the real ones.

I just wish the Hollywood trend for Ugg boots would go away so they wouldn't be so God blessed expensive. The common people (like me) were able to afford and wear them in the 80s---we want them back now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh . . . good luck with this one . . . i can't wait for the stories as your boys get older and you try to prepare them to meet their potential girlfriend's dads . . . heh :)

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're heading to Tahoe on Saturday (just for the night...J's got a gig)...I haven't been there in probably 20 years...and it just occurred to me that I have no appropriate footwear...I need me some furry boots.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home