Friday, October 03, 2008

The morning news

This morning the Bear came in and said,

"I had a great dream!"

"Awesome!" I said "What was it about?"

"A Godzilla actor!"

Of course---silly daddy, what else would it be about.

"And he was singing."

Well, that part's new. A dinosaur operetta. Interesting.

"You be the Godzilla actor."

Um, ok. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally got it right. Important things to remember: Godzilla doesn't dance with his song, and the song isn't cheery. It's a deep, rumbly song that sounds like what might play in the background as he throws himself in a volcano.

"Is that right?" I asked.

"Yes."

Whew. Cool. Finally.

"And I'll be the Allosaurus."

What?

"What does the Allosuarus do?"

"Godzilla! Turn that music down!"

oh.

3 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

Thanks for the truly funny story...gave me a great laugh to start the day!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the old Matt Groening cartoons/stories of conversations he'd have with his sons Will and Abe (google "groening" "will and abe" in images and find a few great examples if you don't know them; i think you'll get a chuckle ...)

Good to "see you" again Will.

:)

9:00 PM  
Blogger ferrous said...

rotfl!! :-D

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home