Thursday, March 31, 2005

Amped!

It's weird but all my life I've had these moments that I get this excited, manic feeling of anticipation. Like there is something really good impending, even when there's not. It's a jazzy feeling in the brain and butterflies in the stomach and kind of a tinglely feeling in your hands. But all in a good way. It's like the feeling you get when you find out your crush likes you back, or when you are picking up a good friend you haven't seen in forever at the airport---or the night before Christmas or a trip you've been looking forward to for a long time. I've felt like this right before I go on stage too.

I having this feeling now. I don't mind it so much, but it's weird knowing that there is no pay off, and so no reason for it. I don't know what causes me to feel like this. I'm not a coffe drinker but today that may have something to do with it. I picked up a "diesel fuel" on the way to work this morning that I've been nursing through the day. That's a concotion a little local coffee shop in town makes---three shots of expresso poured into a 16 oz coffee. Dude, that's like A.D.D. in a styrofoam cup. And I had a 20 Pepsi with lunch (but it did have a winning song cap!). Yeah, I'm doing some serious multi-tasking right about now.

But that's not always the case when I get to feeling like this---so I can't just dismiss it as a simple caffine buzz. It's kind of like the complete opposite to an axiety attack. My wife gets those. I wish I could put what I'm feeling right now into a pill she could take when the dark clouds move in. I hate it when she get's beat down like that.

I'm know I'm scheduled for a crash at some point---I just hope it's gentle with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on one of those buzzy highs at the moment too and I've had no caffeine today. Must be something in the air.

Or perhaps it's an odd combo of it being Friday and absofuckinlutely gorgeous out. :-)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home