Thursday, May 26, 2005

First Morning of Summer Break

Here it is. The ultimate "time out---do over" that our culture provides to the not-yet-adults. Oh, and to my brother. He's one of the smart ones that skirted that never ending march of adulthood. He's a teacher.

In a gross display of sloth, I slept in till 7:30 this morning. I know. Disgusting. I'll repent later.

I finally emerged to see the little Bear in his high chair eating cereal, bathed in the morning sunlight that filled our breakfast nook, looking out a window that had been opened to let the breeze in, counting squirrels running up and down a nearby tree.

If that's not the start to summer, I don't know what is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer?! Already?! Seriously, they're already out of school?? Wow, that's early.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home