Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Getting that California Fever!

A new Meme I jumped into over at Calfornia Fever---The Interview Game. Here’s the Rules.

The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

These are the questions that Marilyn gave me:

1. If training, location, family responsibilities or financial resources were not a consideration, what would your dream job be?

One word—PIXAR! Have you seen the second disk of the Finding Nemo CD? This looks like the happiest place on earth to work. I would love to do the character animation. I’m not sure of their exact title but it’s kind of like digital puppetry. You get the character that the other departments have made and you animate the performance in the computer. How it blinks, speaks, moves, reacts. And then once your performance is approved by the director, your work is sent to the rendering people to make the image detailed with light and shadow and reflection and all that.

But, heck, if pressed, I'd work in their mail room. Janitor. Whatever.

2. Is there a name that you wish now you'd given one of the kids for either a first or middle name?

If my daughter had been a boy I wanted to name her Xavier Blaze, and if my first boy had been a girl I had suggested Terra Ione (that means flower of the earth). You have to understand, I read a lot of comic books when I was young. But I still like them. They might show up as characters in something I write someday.

3. If you could own only ONE Mac/Apple product, which would it be? (Feel free to answer this one after you've picked yourself up off the floor from the heart attack you just suffered at the mere thought of having to make such a choice.)

Actually, that’s not as hard as it may seem. Being much less than wealthy, I find myself doing without quite a few Apple products, and only enjoying them by proxie in the stores and reading about them on the internet. But if it all came down to one that would be my Powerbook, without a doubt (with wireless internet, of course). If I don’t have a laptop I feel like I’ve lost a limb or something.

4. What's one of the qualities you love most about your wife?

She has a childlike wonder and playfulness that never ceases to charm me. She enjoys children’s books and films, and likes to play in the outdoors and discover all that nature has to share with a deep poetic breath.

5. What's one of the qualities you think your wife loves most about you?

Hmmmm, I don’t what to be presumptuous here. I know what I would like for her to love about me. I would love it if she would react to me like Gomez did when Morticia spoke French on the Adams family---only she would do it when I started speaking geek. She’d look deep into my eyes over a candle lit dinner and say, “Will, please tell me the specs of Apple’s G5 tower dual processor again. Please.” But that’s just not the way it is. And I’m ok with that. She tolerates my goof-ball Apple obsession and I appreciate that.

I do make her laugh. I am totally devoted to my family. I try to do stuff that’s creative and quirky and fun. I try to laugh with her a lot. Some of this might be the thing. Maybe.


OK gang---who wants to play?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Will, I LOVE your answers! Does Pixar allow telecommuting?! :)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo, oo, cool game. I wanna play!

Interview me!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn's right -- great answers (and she asked great questions, too).

Okay, bring it on. I saw this on Secret Agent Josephine's site and was tempted, but shy ... missed it on Marilyn's site somehow (it didn't show up in my Newsgator feed for some reason) ... and now here it is on your site, so I'm going with the 'third time's a charm' theory.

And, I've said it before, but your devotion to your family is beautiful and heartwarming.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my answers to you questions:

http://www.lasadh.com/archives/2005/05/interview_me.htm

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home