Tuesday, June 14, 2005

1 of 5 for 2005 in June; a little late


Yikes, I just realized that I'm a little behind on the month of June 5 photos on the 5th in 2005 thing that I've been doing.

So, I'll add a photo to make up for it and try to get back into it in July.

Starting out is the wonderful Mac Mini that I set my mom up with. How beautiful is that? Mom says she's loving it as she gets to know how to do things on a Mac vs the Windows machine she's had.

She's expressed that she's having just a little discouragement with the switch, though. When she tells people that she got a new computer they get all excited with her and ask "What did you get"? But then when she tells them a Mac, their face kind of falls a little and the excitement dims and the only thing they can say is, "Why did you get a Mac"? Sincerely confused as to what would make her do that?

So, Mac Geeks, help me out. What would you tell her to answer to that question?

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

. . . she could say: "because I got sick of all the viruses and spyware and freezes and trojan horses and blue screens and being a pawn in the madsick world of Microsoft" or she could just smile and say: "because I am very, very smart" or she could say "because my brilliant son suggested that I do so and he always hooks mamma up" Take your pick :) K

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have chosen the 3rd one-- as I always do. Thanks Katherine for appreciating my son like I do.
And besides, I have NO IDEA what you said in that first reason and the jury is still out on the second reason.
Thanks for the encouragement.

MOM

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home