Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Check it out

Kitten is back from her trip. I'm so glad she's back.

She's getting thoughtful over at her blog. Check it out here.

My brother is in town as he is getting ready to chaperone a group of 400 music students that are going to tour and perform in Europe. He's only responsible for 8 out of that 400. He leaves Thursday and with the magic power of the blogosphere, he'll be blogging the whole adventure any time he can scrape up an internet connection. His travel log will be kept here.

In other news, Robo has hung up his cello and picked up some drumsticks. Yep, the red head is going to be a percussionist. Luckily for mom's migraines, right now he'll be practicing on a practice drum head thing that doesn't make hardly any noise. The teacher he's taking from was a young lady that grew up two blocks down the street from us. When you live in a small town, it happens.

I've been working on getting Kitten into her Japanese class, but the teacher is concerned about her making her transition to high school and taking on a college course at the same time. So it looks like she'll be starting it in the summer after 9th grade. And this disappointment follows her missing auditions for high school choir because, ironically, she was away on a trip with the show choir. She didn't contact the High School choir director to reschedule fast enough and the window closed. So for the first time since she began singing with groups in grade school, she won't be in a choir. We'll still give her voice lessons so she won't be totally without any singing activity.

On the upside, she is getting her first real acting experience this summer in our show, being directed by her mom. She is seeing her mom in a whole new light. The wife mentioned to me that she was directing Kitten on Monday, and when the wife directs, she gets a little more animated and demonstrates things a bit. She told me that after giving a direction to Kitten, Kitten looked back and said "Ok, Mr. Kerry." Apparently the wife's animated direction reminded Kitten of Jim Kerry.

And me? I have upgraded my Mom over to a Mac Mini. It was very exciting. I got my mom a faster, decent computer. And it doesn't take over her desk. And it's gives me a chance to play around with the new Mac Mini. Everybody wins.

Upgraded her to a Gig of RAM last night. This required me going to the hardware store to get a couple of thin putty knives to get into the thing. Got that bit of advice over at a tutorial blogged over at Macworld. Mr. Stevie didn't want people getting into that thing too easy. But once I got it open, the install was quick enough. Getting the lid back on was just as hard though. That is one tiny little computer. I think that the memory upgrade access should be the next design focus over at One Infinite Loop. But we maxed mom out so now we don't have to worry about every needing to get back into that little baby.

I'm also getting very into Podcasting. Have you heard of this. It's the coolest thing since Blogging. I'm not going to abandon my blog world, but this is the extension.

Are any of you checking out any Podcasts. I'm always up to explore a few. What are you listening to?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will, you're so right about Kitten. I just checked out her blog and latest post, and I had to remind myself of her age. Of course, from the cosmic perspectively, we're all ageless and timeless, but still ...

I left a comment for her and have already added her feed to my Newsgator.

BTW, your mom must be rockin' with all that RAM :-)

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so I am dense, what is a podster?

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to a single podcast, but I have been following the podcast explosion. Did you know a radio station in San Francisco has gone to an all-podcast format?! Also, I just saw this yesterday:

http://www.corante.com/events/podcasthotel/

Corante is going to host "Podcast Hotel" in conjunction with a music fest in our old city of Portland. Very cool...and leave it to Portland to host something like this...it can be a pretty hip place when it wants to be. What cracks me up though is that the Jupiter Hotel ("new boutique hotel!") where it's being held is what in what used to be a funky neighborhood...and if I'm not mistaken, that used to a TraveLodge. :)

P.S. How's the play coming?? Still writing at the coffee shop??

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home