Monday, September 05, 2005

Tears of the clown

Last night we were watching the DVD we rented from Blockbuster called "Are We There Yet". Ice Cube seems to be doing his obligatory tough-guy-action-hero-in-the-bad-comedy-with-kids movie (Arnold had Kindergarten Cop, and Vin Diesel just finished his stint on The Pacifier---I think it must be an action hero law in California or something).

At any rate, we were sitting there watching this thing and toward the end it gets a little sticky sweet sentimental. While I'm sitting there wishing for the last 90 minutes of my life back, little Lemur looks at the rest of us and says,

"Man, this movie is making my eyes all watery!"

Huh. My little action hero has his own softer side. Who'd a thunk it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe S. said...

This is not a advertisement but one could rent this space if you wanted to...:)

Will, what a great post. It is amazing how kids express themselves, and even moreso how they suprise you with it.

Peace,
your friend Joe

5:51 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

spam got u again! Sigh. I got my first spam the other day and deleted it. Cute of Lemur to put it that way! God bless

11:10 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Computer today introduced the iTunes Phone, a music-playing phone that Apple CEO Steve Jobs is comparing to the company's popular iPod shuffle music player.

So there's the big announcement!!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree :-)

8:00 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

Ok, I need help. I tried to do what you did in your blog, change the links to web sites to normal language and it worked with manafest and it didn't work with casting crowns. I have no clue what I did differently between the two, and actually, I probably couldn't even tell you how I got the manafest one right!! I need tips!!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So CUTE, that line! It reminded me of the time my little brother was watching Lassie...parked on the floor about 3 feet in front of the HUGE boxy black & white TV. The show ended and he hadn't shed a tear...and then he turned around and looked at all of us and...waterworks! :)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my, that is the cutest comment EVER! :-)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home