Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So Much. . .Too Fast

Man, you blink and a week goes by. Seriously. It's all going too fast. I have so much I want to write about. . .

. . .like that my wife decided to go through with the double biopsy last Friday. My wife couldn't just feel comfortable with re-assurances knowing that mamagrams and other external detection methods weren't 100%. Because of the nature of what was being done she ended up needing to have general anesthesia and full incision. The doctor and staff were wonderful putting her as much at ease as they could, given the circumstances. We get the results this afternoon.

. . .that my daughter helped out fantastically while mom was out of commission. All the time not knowing that we were brewing a surprise birthday party for her. When I sent her out to lunch and shopping for a couple hours with her grandma, she was touched that I would allow her to go get some R & R for her efforts. As soon as she was gone we called for her friends who were planning the party to come over and decorate. When Kitten returned she was honestly surprised (which is the point, right?) .

. . .That her friends were so thoughtful in their selection of gifts that it actually brought her to tears.

. . .That for some reason I could get no record of this event. When she came in the door, my video camera pooped out just as they shouted 'surprise'! Then I got the digital still camera, and it's batteries died just as she blew out her candles.

. . .That as soon as the party was over, it was time to get ready for the Homecoming Dance. Kitten said that this was one of the most excellent days in memory.

. . .That my mother has been fantastic helping out with the kids even though it's adding to her burden with all her day care kids. I don't know what I would have done without her.

. . .That a friend we've made as a result of the Community Players is taking the wife into her appointment because of the concern of driving while healing from the incisions. I'm in Omaha already and it would be quite a drive to get her and come back. Now I just have to meet them at the doctor's office. It's a blessing that this friend stepped up and offered help, and nice that we could humble ourselves a little to ask.

Like I said, it's been busy. I don't know if I can take it getting much faster.

Just have to ride the wave, dude.


Update: The report back from the biopsy was immensely positive---because it was negative. Completely. Totally. Not even a hint of anything that has the possibility of being a concern. Whew. God is good. Life is good. Moving on.

4 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

I'm glad Kitten had a great suprise party! Hugs from me to her.

Wow about the wife. I can see why she would want that done tho, kind of skips the general worry she would have lingering if she didn't have it done. I pray that you both get great news for the results.
God Bless

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding a good thought for your wife. What a very special day you made for Kitten--I'm sure she'll remember that one for a long time.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just wish you could hit a big 'pause' button on life to catch your breath for a while ... or at least a 'slow motion' button? Really, sometimes life just throws so much at you at once it's like getting knocked down by a big wave in the ocean and not being able to get up and cough the water out before the next wave topples you. Guess you just have to ride the waves, like you said.

I hope you get good news today about the biopsies. It's so difficult wondering and waiting.

Kitten had herself quite a day indeed. Now it sounds like Dad could use a day in a La-Z-Boy.

... and a big hand for your mom, too, and your new friend. Never mind that it takes a village to raise a child. It takes a village just to get through some weeks!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . how did I miss this entry??? So glad for the negative result . . . whew . . . and please, I want to extend the invitation again that if you ever, ever want me to look at something just ask . . . medical intuitive work is what I do, and I'm always happy to look for friends . . . think of it as a human MRI :)Kat

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home