Thursday, September 15, 2005

5 on the 5th for 05; Sept installment

Obviously I'm way behind again this month for the 5 pics on the 5th in 05 entry. But better late than never. This months pics are courtesy of my daughter Kitten. She borrowed the digital camera last Sunday and accompanied her Grandma and Grandpa on their Miata club monthly event. This month is was a trip to Lincoln, NE for a photo scavenger hunt.



They started with a tour of historic Wyuka cemetery. I know this sounds either kind of morbid or way early for Halloween, but this cemetery has a huge amount of history and is very scenic. A friend of the family is a mortician there and organizes tours. The swan pic below was taken on the grounds there.



This is my folks vanity tag on their Miata.




Then the photo scavenger hunt began, taking them all over the city. They split into groups of 6 people among three cars and took off with their lists. Here are a few pics of what they had to find. In this one they needed to be holding flowers, and also shopping at a garage sale---so they did both in one!

My Dad is in the white shirt and cap, and Mom is in the sunglasses beside Kitten in her white convertible riding hat.



Then there was the pic of the rare sighting of Men Asking for Directions.



The final pic is one that was taken to satisfy the requirement of taking a photo of one member of the group getting into a fountain. That's a drinking fountain that Kitten is getting into. Creativity is always a bonus in these things.



There were many more photos, a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. They set a good standard for how I want to be living when I get into my 70s.

3 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

It's pretty cool that kitten does stuff like that with her grandparents. I remember when I was way younger than her, hanging out w/ Nana and loving it.

I see you went to word verification! Bye bye spammers!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I hope *I* have a Miata when I'm their age! Looks like it was fun.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope I have a Miata AND can put my leg up like Kitten when I'm 70.

Great pics and story!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home