Friday, November 18, 2005

But I'm not biased

My daughter is taking Drama as a class in school this year. She relayed that she did her first monologue for the class this week. She described her selection to me as a tearful outpouring of an abused teen-age girl. Oh good, I thought, a comedy.

Anyway, Kitten described how when it came time for the students to present their monologues before the class, the teacher explained that after each person was done, she would ask the class to give feedback on something each person did well, and something each person could improve on.

After my daughter got done with her presentation, she said the class was silent. The teacher got up and said, "Well, so . . .can anyone tell me what she did well in this monologue?"

To which one student replied, "Um, . . .everything."

The teacher never did ask what needed improving. Kitten took that to mean that she must have done well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Kitten! Now, if only I could figure out a way to see (and not just hear) her on the vlogs...

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great ... for Kitten AND her beaming dad/coach/cheerleader. Fantastic!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home