Friday, October 28, 2005

16 years ago today


October 28, 2005--16 years
Originally uploaded by CyberJazzDaddy.

Yep, 16 years ago today we made magic with a white dress and a couple of gold rings.

It's been one of the best decisions of my life.

I got the wife a special gift she's been asking for. A Oxford English Dictonary. Hey, that's what she wanted. She was quite pleased.

I got her the American Collegete version. I went shopping for the full OED---it's a twenty volume set that sells for almost $1000. the Collegete had 400,000 entries---I told here those were all the words I could afford to get her right now.

We'll work on the rest of the language later.

7 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

Thanks for the laugh--getting the rest of the words later.

What I remember most about your wedding is the handcuffs so that your guests couldn't spirit your new wife away. I remember how interesting it was to see the two of you trying to dance with someone else and that wonderful picture! I am sure you know which one. Has it been 16 years? Wow, where did the years go?

I also remember that I almost missed it because Becca was running late, but I made up time by passing cars like crazy on the interstate.

Actually, I remember the love the two of you had (and still have) for each other, and you can see it in the picture you posted. Congrats and God bless.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, congrats! wishing you many more years.

i can see your daughter in your wife's face! :-)

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow . . . so freakin sweet . . . pardon me while I get all verklempt (that's new yawk jewish for so emotionally worked up ya can't speak :) :) :)

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - and you guys are gorgeous TOO! :) you with your rocker hair and she with her beaded veil . . . now I'm REALLY missing the eighties :)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Your gift is sweet. :)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! That's such a great picture.

... I'm glad your gift didn't come with a power cord.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here's to 16+ more. deb

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home