Friday, January 26, 2007

You know what's better. . .

You know what's better than finding $20.00 in a winter coat pocket the first time you put it on in the fall. . .coming home late at night and feeling hungry, and then just when you've given up hope that there is anything snacky to eat in the house, you find that stash of homemade chocolate chip cookies you'd forgotten about.

In our house, if dad is going to get any of the treats made earlier in the day, the momma has to stash some of them high and deep somewhere. And so she did several weeks ago. And last night, I was re-united! Sigh. Just another sign that the God of the Universe is big enough to even thow a perk when you least expect it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . ain ' t that the gospel bother will??? god is good and (s)he sure does love surprises . . . :)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me smile because three times in the past couple of weeks, I've had this happen. The other day I was checking out a few things at the library, knowing that I had a fine...but not remembering that until I was at the counter. When the librarian mentioned it, I said I was sorry...that I didn't have any cash on me...and opened my wallet to show her (I don't know why...oh yeah, it was open because I'd gotten out my card)...and found a $20 bill in there. I literally gasped, "Where did THIS come from?!" And then remembered that a few days before I'd gone to the ATM for grocery money...but then used my debit card for them. (Perimenopausal forgetfulness can be a beautiful thing...) And in your cookie vein... I was sitting here reading blogs before dawn the other morning and when I walked into the kitchen to make coffee...wishing so badly I had something sweet to go with it...I nearly jumped with joy when I saw some cupcakes I'd bought from a school bake sale the day before...and had completely (in my work tiredness) forgotten. ;)

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this. How wonderful to celebrate those "little" moments for the lovely mysteries and delights that they are. :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger ferrous said...

ooh. that reminds me that i have some chocolate coated licorice in the cupboard .. organic, no less! yum! :-P

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home