Monday, October 17, 2005

What better way to celebrate the release of the Video iPod. . .

. . .than by starting a video blog! Well, whatever. Here I am, doing my geeky dork thing. I've got no misapprehension that I'll end up on some one's iPod (unless my mom buys one). It's more a symbolic gesture.

This is what I meant a couple of posts ago when I mentioned I'd get back to what happened on the rest of that Sunday. This is a little video of us on a trip to a farm owned by some friends from church. They were having a cookout that we were invited to. As you'll see, I was on Bear duty---he was quite fascinated by the chickens.

So here I am, jumping with both feet into the wonderful wild new world of video blogging on the web. I'm still getting my feet wet on the posting part, but I've been working with video for several years in my failed attempt to make a home based business as a videographer. Not failed because I didn't know how to produce video, but failed because I didn't know much about how to run a business.

At any rate, here it is. This is kind of a test episode, so hopefully it'll get better from here on out. Enjoy. (Quicktime required)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAACK! We have Quicktime (it's how I watch Rosie's vlogs), but for some reason yours wouldn't open, so I could only listen. So you have officially become an audioblogger, too. :) Suggestions? How can us poor ol' Windows folks watch?? And where's the vlog directory you're looking at? (Just curious.) Surely there must be many more than 500...since there are probably lots of folks like me...people who blog and vlog and audioblog...but steer clear of registering our sites with any directories. (God forbid we might generate traffic.) ;)

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got audio only ... phew ... though I know I'm way behind the tmes with my 5-year-old laptop, so I thought that was the problem. I got an error message that Quicktime was missing a piece of software that was not available on the server (huh?). I'll go back later and make sure I have a current version of QuickTime, etc., but in the meantime, I'll just say that I can tell from listening to the audio that this is a very cool video. We (readers, listeners and viewers) are in for lots of fun, methinks.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

oh my gosh! that's fabulous! now i get what all the hoopla is over vid-blogging . . . cyberjazzdaddy and famiglia has been soooooo brought to life . . . and i now seriously want a videocamera . . . wow o wow . . . that is soooooo cool, Will!

9:55 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

Okay, I watched the video, a good thing, but work on the music part please!! It's volume was WAY louder than the speaking part and swiching volume up and down on this puter puts a little window on the screen that blocks your face! and scares the heck out of me when it starts!!!!! God bless!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...what's up with this? You're not supposed to be three dimensional!I don't think you could have written a blog post long enough to convey everything you did in a few minutes of video.

PS- I had a problem viewing the video too...was only getting audio at first. The latest version of QuickTime solved the problem.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I watched and had absolutely no technical problems, but what can I say you know I'm just a fellow geek. I'm looking forward to more episodes of the family chronicles. You might want to consider a snapping ending to bring the viewers back next week! :)

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool...I wish I could have seen it. But cool to get aquainted with your voice...and with you (and your brood) a bit more. What fun.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home